Licensed Master's Level Therapist (LMHC, LISW, LMFT) - Remote available
Posted On 10/07/2022
Medical Associates Clinic, located in Dubuque, Iowa, is seeking a Licensed Master’s level Therapist to join our well-established, thriving multidisciplinary practice in the Department of Psychiatry & Psychology! This position may have a remote option after initial onboarding. Must be based out of IL, IA or WI.
As a Therapist, you will assess client's needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods. Devise and monitor appropriate programs of treatment, including therapy, counseling, or advice in collaboration with colleagues.
- Provide outpatient therapeutic services, including diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention. Additional roles may include therapy addressing relationship or family concerns, and/or group therapy.
- Complete documentation timely and in accordance with clinical and accreditation standards.
- Consult with outpatient providers, within and outside the department of Psychiatry and
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
- Provide outpatient therapeutic services in an ethical manner based on current standards of care, within the scope of one’s competence.
- Maintain a friendly, respectful, and professional environment for all patient contacts.
- Maintain a cooperative, helpful work environment within the department, as well as, with other department and employees.
- Respond to telephone calls in a prompt, professional and complete manner.
- Follow Clinic policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding Medical Associates, its clients and employees.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (salaried) with minimum 85% open for patient contact. The department is open Monday through Friday daytime hours – no nights, weekends or call!
Competitive pay with benefits package worth $20,000!
- Full Benefits Include:
- Health Insurance and Dental Coverage
- 401k, Profit Sharing Plan
- Medical & Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (accrue up to 24 days/year)
Medical Associates Clinic Overview:
- Area’s most comprehensive team of Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioners Utilization of shared electronic medical records for whole-patient care across primary care & multidisciplinary specialist team
- Over 180 providers and 1,100 staff make up the area’s leading healthcare provider and only multispecialty group practice
- Collegial team of 8 Licensed Psychologists, 5 Psychiatrists, 3 ARNPs, 3 RNs, 1 LPN, and 2 CMAs
- 26 specialty departments with two Dubuque campus locations and 9 Family Care Network clinics in IA, WI and IL
- Recognition includes MGMA “Better Performing Groups” and U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Health Plans”
- Learn more at mahealthcare.com
Dubuque, Iowa Community Overview:
- Beautiful city overlooking the Mississippi River with a population of 70,000 and a drawing base of up to 250,000
- Centrally located with one-hour driving distance to Madison and Iowa City, and only three hours to Chicago
- Community & Entertainment: great restaurants, local breweries & wineries, miles of hiking & biking trails, museums and performing arts, live music and festivals, boat/kayak access, nearby downhill skiing, networking groups for all ages and interests!
- Schools & Family: outstanding public and private schools, lots of family-centered activities throughout the year, programs for just about every extracurricular interest--sports/arts/music/social
- Housing & Living: several options including downtown city lofts, restored single family homes, nearby suburbs in the country, townhouses centrally located *Cost of living 9% lower than national average
- Learn more at traveldubuque.com and www.biglifesmallcity.com
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Clinical Counseling, or related field.
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Other Skills: Licensure as an independent social worker, Mental Health Counselor or Marriage & Family therapist in the State of Iowa required (LMHC, LISW, LMFT).
Medical Associates keeps a close eye on the COVID-19 pandemic and all related national, state, and local guidance related to vaccination, masking, and the mitigation of disease spread.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.