LPN/RN - Obstetrics & Gynecology
Posted On 11/30/2023
The Obstetrics & Gynecology department at Medical Associates is looking for an LPN/RN to join their team!
Skills You Need:
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated individual
- Efficient time management skills
- Willingness to take initiative and jump in
- Commitment to excellent patient care
Schedule: Between the hours of 7:30am - 5:00pm, Mon-Fri, 4 days a week. This is a full-benefits position
Location: West Campus - 1500 Associates Drive
Benefits Package Includes!
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing)
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (24 days off/year)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collect pertinent patient health care data, diagnostic testing, treatments, and review medical records and confer with physician/mid-level providers to ensure patient needs are met.
- General office duties such as obtaining and updating patient demographic and insurance information, accepting payment and co pays, scheduling and coordinating multiple appointment and creating lab orders.
- Assist with triage, infertility, and surgery work ups.
- Collaborate with health care team according to plan of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and others. Promote patient wellness and provide patient education.
- Document care provided, including but not limited to: interventions, medication, patient education, and assist with integrity of medical record.
- Facilitate reimbursement of services provided, including but not limited to: charge tickets, referrals, and insurance requirements.
- Maintain an office environment that is safe, neat, organized, and supplied with necessary equipment, instruments, supplies, and educational materials. Ensure equipment is functioning safely and properly. Perform cleaning and maintenance of equipment according to guidelines.
- Demonstrate flexibility in performing other additional duties of patient care. Provide input for devising systems to improve quality and efficiency of patient care and workflow. Participate in required meetings.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience - Experience preferred - 1-3 years experience
Education - Equivalent to a two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study or certification at a business or trade school. Valid LPN/RN licensure for practice in Iowa required.
Interpersonal Skills - A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills - Keyboarding skills and use of electronic equipment. Use personal protection safety equipment including gloves, lab coats, gowns, goggles, and face masks/shields. BLS required biannually.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds force constantly to move objects.
Medium/Heavy Work - Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Both Inside & Outside Environmental Conditions - Activities occur inside and outside.
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.