Manufacturing Engineer, Assembly- entry level
Posted On 05/25/2023
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Dubuque
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Manufacturing Engineer, Assembly- entry level - 99016
This job post will be used to fill multiple positions.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, Assembly for John Deere Dubuque Works located in Dubuque, IA, you will...
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) - improving Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Delivery through data driven proactive projects
- Investigate quality issues, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Support Assembly & Manufacturing Execution System (AMES) and all manufacturing equipment in areas assigned.
- Develop & improve on plan for every part including specified locations for point of use parts & storage parts!
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience gained from educational projects, relevant internships, or practical work experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, quality, tooling, preventative maintenance, and facilities
- Experience with engineering tools, systems, and databases
- Experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools
What Makes You Stand Out
- Knowledge of assembly line processes and how material flow fits into the bigger picture of enabling efficient production
- Experience with AutoCAD, and Creo View software.
- Experience with MPplanner work instruction and OMS development.
- Experience with MES systems and tooling
- Experience implementing engineering changes.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Operations discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.