Great River Learning
Posted On 11/09/2023
Great River Learning is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas and assistance to help achieve our goals. The internship will help you acquire experience with planning, implementing, and analyzing various marketing strategies, preparing you for future marketing positions.
Who We Are
Great River Learning (GRL) is an established, higher education company that focuses on developing engaging publications by integrating videos, animations, and interactive exercises. We see enormous business opportunities because we know most students don't read traditional 900-page textbooks...unless they're cramming for a test. We develop next-generation textbooks that are well designed, interactive, and media-rich. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Learn more by visiting us at www.greatriverlearning.com.
Our sales process is to interview college professors, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with our company.
In A Typical Work Week as an Intern, You Will...
- Develop and implement techniques to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Assists with writing copy for email, social media, print, and website promotions
- Assists with keeping marketing calendars updated and tracking progress of marketing projects
- Support the marketing coordinator with creating and editing various media
- Prepare marketing proposals or presentations based on company needs
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
Characteristics of Who GRL Looks for in a Marketing Intern, You are...
- Someone who has a thorough understanding of different marketing techniques and looks to gain experience with implementation and analysis of marketing campaigns
- Someone who is proficient in using various technologies (computers, tablets, cell phones, social media apps) with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Someone who has strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must
- Someone who has a Positive and have a "can do" attitude towards their work, and their outlook on life
- Available to work out of our Dubuque, Iowa home office - this is not a remote internship
Why Us? We Understand It's More Than Just a Job!
Choosing a career path can be one of the most important decisions in one's life. Work is part of a person's identity. People need compelling reasons to remain at a job and a company day after day, year after year. As you consider an internship, we understand the benefits an employer offers are just as appealing as the job itself.
Our companies offers:
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for more than 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and upper management staff worked their way up in our family of companies
- We offer our interns flexible scheduling!
An Equal Opportunity Employer