Mechanical Technician for 1st Shift 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Zero Zone, Inc.
Posted On 09/27/2022
Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Pewaukee, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and now Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our mission: “To exceed customer expectations through innovation, quality, and responsiveness.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Holidays parties, company lunches, and free coffee
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
The Mechanical Technician will utilize an assortment of engineered job specific documents to build custom manufactured commercial and industrial refrigeration products in our production environment. This is a hands-on, in-person position at our NEW Dyersville, IA location that requires coordinating mechanical piping layouts to meet Zero Zone standards in an efficient and safe manner. You will receive training, guidance, and direction from qualified personnel to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate aspects of mechanical piping layout per design documentation on assigned projects
- Perform brazing and MIG welding functions per Zero Zone standards
- Perform final mechanical inspections working with Project Engineers and Quality team to ensure systems are built per design specifications
- Provide feedback with production personnel for continuous improvement and/or initiate corrective actions
- Review all mechanical-related corrective actions and communicate with effected personnel
- Assist workers engaged in inspecting and testing activities to ensure continuous control over raw materials and finished products
- Assist in analyzing and resolving work problems related to product design layout
- Assist with maintaining a positive work environment, which consistently achieves its goals and reinforces the team approach with employees
- Interact professionally with all departments, vendors, and customers for the betterment of Zero Zone
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of you for this position:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED is required
- Previous manufacturing experience to include brazing, MIG welding, as well as refrigeration system component knowledge, is helpful
- Experience with hand tools, reading documentation (blue prints, weld charts, written instructions/procedures), and measuring tools is required
- This position requires you to have mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize finished product
- Additional attributes needed are detail and quality oriented, dependable and self-motivated
- Employee must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 45 lbs
Check out the Mechanical Technician in action by clicking here.
Zero Zone, Inc.
Explore our website to learn more about Zero Zone and to view our highly engineered products. www.zero-zone.com