Mechanical Technician- will provide on the job training!
Zero Zone, Inc.
Posted On 05/10/2023
Do you want to work for a company where you can build a strong career, never be bored, never stand in one place, while learning something new and interesting?
Zero Zone is looking for candidates who enjoy working with their hands, have a strong mechanical aptitude and desire a great job experience at a custom shop with plenty of opportunities.
Check out the Mechanical Technician in action by clicking here. Then keep reading to find out more about Zero Zone and what we can offer you!!
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team and have the ability to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect. For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages with an annual review
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Uniforms options
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Annual Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Holidays parties, company lunches, and free coffee!!!
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
The Mechanical Technicians are individuals with high mechanical aptitude, who are comfortable using hand/power tools and willing to learn and take directions.
Our products are built utilizing an assortment of documents to assemble and construct manufactured commercial and industrial refrigeration products in our production environment. This is a hands-on, in-person position at our Dyersville, IA location that requires engaged employees who are willing to learn and take direction. You will receive day-to-day job training, guidance, and direction from qualified personnel to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with aspects of mechanical piping layout per design documentation on assigned projects
- Perform brazing and entry level MIG welding functions per Zero Zone standards with guidance
- Complete mechanical inspections working with peers and Quality team to ensure systems are built per design
- Assist workers engaged in inspecting and testing activities to ensure continuous control over raw materials and finished products
- Assist in analyzing and resolving work problems related to product design layout
- Maintain a positive work environment and reinforce the team approach with co-workers
- Interact professionally with all departments, vendors, and customers for the betterment of Zero Zone
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED is required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is helpful but not required as we conduct daily onsite training
- Experience with hand tools, and measuring tools is required.
- Additional attributes needed are detail and quality oriented, dependable, and self-motivated, which could lead to cross training and growth opportunities.
- Employee must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 45 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, & depth perception.
Zero Zone, Inc.
Explore our website to learn more about Zero Zone and to view our highly engineered products. www.zero-zone.com