Medical Administrative Assistant
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 10/31/2022
This position is for M-F 1st Shift/ 7:30AM-4:00PM
Open to Medical Assistant or Administrative Assistant.
Under the direction of a health care provider, the Medical Assistant, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of our patients.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team –We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of IPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare. Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies, (i.e. health department).
Development and Patient Education
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program
- CMA preferred
- Computer data entry experience.
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Area of Interest: Administrative and Clerical;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0;
- Department: Occ Med- John Deere On-Site;
- Shift: Days/1st Shift/ 7am-3:30am;
- Job ID: 122613;
- Recruiter: Adriana Weil (Adriana.Weil@unitypoint.org);
- Location: Dubuque John Deer Dub Works (Loc399);