Museum Café Associate
National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium
Posted On 04/11/2022
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is an outgrowth of the Dubuque County Historical Society, which also operates the Mathias Ham Historic Site, is home to the National Rivers Hall of Fame, and supports a national outreach program called RiverWorks Discovery.
Join us in a fun, fast-paced environment by enhancing the museum guest experience through providing a meal or a snack. An ideal candidate is someone with exceptional customer service skills, enjoys working on a team, and positively portrays the organization. This position offers a flexible work schedule with weekday and weekend hours available (no evenings after 4 p.m. required).
The Dubuque County Historical Society and its properties, the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium and Mathias Ham Historic Site, are committed to embracing diversity, practicing equity, and ensuring accessibility and inclusion. We continually strive to achieve a welcoming environment in all our spaces, where our staff and community feel reflected and valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds. DEAI values guide and impact all the decisions the museum makes, both internal and external.
- Take food orders using an electronic point-of-sale system and be comfortable with cash handling
- Ensure the cleanliness of the dining area and kitchen
- Follow all food preparation safety laws and rules
- Interact with guests in a positive, friendly manner
- Highly qualified candidates will have previous experience in food service and/or cash handling.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be able to perform any physical demands of job duties, either with or without reasonable accommodation. These demands may include periods of standing, reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting, or moving objects 25 lbs. or less.
- Final candidates will be subject to a reference and background check.
How to apply
To learn more, visit www.rivermuseum.com/apply. Apply by emailing your application or resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by delivering them in person to 350 E. 3rd St., Dubuque, IA.
Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that any applicant is able to meet all of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if you are drawn to this position and feel your strengths would be an asset to the organization, we highly encourage you to apply.