Architect / Intern Architect
Posted On 04/28/2022
FEH Design; a multi-disciplinary Architecture, Structural Engineering, and Interior Design firm is searching for a self-motivated, outgoing, and passionate Architect / Intern Architect in our Dubuque, Iowa office location. You will have the opportunity to work hand in hand with engineers and designers as well as work with our other offices on a wide variety of project types. Through our mentoring process, you will gain first-hand experience in all the AXP categories helping you through the licensure process if that is desired. You will also get the opportunity to work for a well-established firm located in the heart of Main Street in the thriving City of Dubuque and surrounding communities.
Culture is a crucial element at FEH Design. We work hard to maintain a family-like culture that extends across all fifty staff and four offices. The candidate should fit into our team culture where everyone from the president all the way to the D.O.G (director of goodness) genuinely cares about your success. (We are a very dog-friendly firm)
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, design work in drawings, modeling (Revit), and 3D image formats
- Production and coordination of construction documents
- Produce graphics materials and images for client presentations.
- Attend project and client meetings with project architects, sometimes in the evening.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
- Assist in the architectural design of projects from the conceptual phase through construction administration.
- Assists in designing buildings based on the client’s needs and architectural requirements that are set forth by the project architects.
- Assist with client presentations, shop drawing review, and construction administration.
- Attend in-house project team and client meetings and charrettes.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Open to learning how to market the firm
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in architecture program is required.
- Creative, engaging, energetic, and possess people skills
- Enthusiastic about working in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of construction documents and construction technology
- Knowledge of sustainable building design and historic preservation is beneficial
- Ability to diagram concepts and clearly sketch ideas
- Basic software and computer skills required including AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs.
- Hand drawing skills a plus.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Professional Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Compensation and benefits
- FEH Design offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package for all levels of experience
FEH Design offers a competitive benefits package. We invite you to visit our website and/or our Facebook page to review our history and experience. If you have any questions or if you would like to submit your resume and qualifications, please contact Kevin Eipperle, firstname.lastname@example.org 563-583-4900.