Posted On 05/14/2022
The parts advisor is responsible for maintaining the parts stock and delivering equipment parts to the shop mechanics, customers, and other branches. The parts advisor handles customer questions concerning appropriate replacement parts and parts availability and will assist other branches in locating needed parts. They are responsible for making sure the department is in good order so that parts may be easily found, and safe handling and storage practices are adhered to.
- Supply shop and field technicians with needed parts from inventory.
- Lookup parts and answer customer questions regarding parts.
- Order or pull parts from inventory for customers and technicians as needed.
- Make hydraulic hoses for customers and technicians.
- Put daily stock orders away accurately.
- Assist other branches in finding needed parts.
- Stock parts and keep the department in good order so that parts are readily found, ensuring all safety standards are observed and followed.
- Generate and review purchase orders, parts invoices, and return paperwork.
- Maintain inventory control of parts, stocked items, non-stocking items for history, pricing, and classification Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Support and follow Martin Equipment’s safety program.
- Attend store meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assist in shipping and receiving as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Office specifically for email, and Internet for product searching and data entry.
- Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax, and printer.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, especially face-to-face and phone skills.
- Able to prioritize and organize tasks, all with a sense of urgency and within time constraints.
- Able to take direction and ask questions.
- Should have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use Dealworks, EQUIP, and Service Advisor (will be trained).
- Ability to operate a forklift and drive a pickup truck.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record per company policy.
- Extended periods of standing, sitting, and walking. Occasional periods of driving.
- Some climbing, bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, squatting, twisting, pulling and pushing as required by task.
- Ability to lift, manipulate, and move items repeatedly, up to 50 pounds.
- Operation of a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Available to work extended hours during the week and weekends on a rotation or when needed (as required by location).
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- All required PPE is provided by Martin Equipment and includes, but is not limited to, protective safety glasses, gloves, and boots.
- Most work is performed at a desk, within inventory space, and in the shipping/receiving area.
- Intermittent exposure to shop environment including dirt, dust, heat, cold, fumes, noise, grease, vibration, and chemicals.
- Intermittent exposure to hot and cold weather conditions.
Newly hired employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 60 continuous days of employment.
100% company-paid health insurance premium for employee and family!
$40,000 company-paid life insurance and AD&D.
Employee-paid dental, vision, disability, and voluntary life insurance, and flexible spending account option available.
401k retirement plan, paid holidays and paid vacation.