Production Graphics Technician
Weitz Sign Company
Posted On 07/26/2022
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Create production drawings for customer orders
- Set up files and patterns to be used for Computer Aided Manufacturing based on production drawings previously produced
- Assist with preparing production ready art for vinyl department and shop
- Assist with vinyl graphics application as needed
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- Utilize computer graphics programs such as Corel, SignLab, Enroute, Adobe
- Read and interpret drawings and instructions
- Utilize production equipment such as paper plotters
- Utilize basic tools such as tape measures, precision blades (x-acto), scissors
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
· Bachelor's degree in Graphics or related field or one to two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have previous experience in computer graphics programs. Manufacturing experience highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Driver’s License required
· Additional related certifications preferred
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $23.00 per hour