Publishing Services Internship
Kendall Hunt Publishing Company
Posted On 08/17/2022
Kendall Hunt Publishing is looking for our next sophomore or junior standing Publishing Services Intern to join our Higher Education team. You will focus on assisting in the development and production processes to provide learning opportunities for students who are interested in a career in publishing. This internship does require you to be able to work out of our Dubuque, Iowa home office. No remote work is available at this time.
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
Throughout its history, Kendall Hunt Publishing has grown with an emphasis on its employees, fearlessness in innovation, and a strong grip on its values. Today Kendall Hunt continues to expand by growing its number of educational products, creating new companies and extending its services across the country and beyond. Through diversity and willingness to adapt to the ever-changing publishing industry, Kendall Hunt is a company dedicated to growing with the public to best serve the people of the community.
When you work at Kendall Hunt you immediately notice the collaboration, friendliness, and a sense of purpose amongst our employees. Our customers, students, authors, and other outside contacts are always our top priority. We are constantly uncovering new sales channels for current product lines or finding new products to sell to current customers. Join our team of evolving employees to help us maintain our competitive edge in the industries we serve. www.kendallhunt.com
In A Typical Work Day You Will...
- Assists with follow-up calls to authors for Project Coordinators
- Reviews manuscript and art files for consistency and thoroughness
- Completes check sheet for manufacturer on author prepared projects
- Download all requested Shutterstock images in a timely fashion
- Enter copyright information into database
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Who You Are...
- You understand the importance of a positive customer experience and what your role is in that overall experience
- You have a desire to work in the world of publishing after graduation
- You are proficient or knowledgeable of Internet software, Adobe Professional and other InDesign programs, and Microsoft Office programs
- You don't mind taking initiative and consider yourself an independent thinker
- You are a great communicator, people person and problem solver
- You are a sophomore or junior currently enrolled in a four year college or university
- You will need to be available to work during the school year, as well as the summer months
It's More Than Just an Internship!
Come work for our family of companies that strives to be more than just a publishing company. We build more than a community here, we build a family with our employees, and our clients. We will work around your class schedule and extracurricular activities. Our scheduling, and managers, are flexible with you. Plus, we pay our interns! So come learn about how you can grow from an intern, to a potential full time hire after graduation!
An Equal Opportunity Employer