Flexible Personal Assistant III (full or part-time) – Work That Works
Hills & Dales
Posted On 08/21/2022
Position: Part-time or Full-time Flexible Personal Assistant III (DSP)
Pay: 16.50 – 23.50 per hour
Shift Information: Flexible hours anywhere between 30 – 130 hours per month for part-time and 156-160 minimum per month for full-time. We provide 24-hour services, so shifts vary pending your availability to work around school schedule and activities. Provide a monthly calendar. Shift and Weekend Differentials included.
Position Description: Personal Assistant III (DSP) work directly with people with intellectual disabilities with behavioral focused supports, with the aim of assisting them in a self-directed life including activities of daily living when needed, and encouraging attitudes and behaviors which enhance community inclusion. Personal Assistant III may provide supports to a person with a disability at home, work, school, church, and other community places. Personal Assistant III also acts as an advocate for the individual, in communicating their needs, self-expression and goals.
- Ensure the safety and health of the residents or clients. This position provides guidance for those who require additional supports due to behavioral episodes and will need to follow crisis response protocols.
- Support residents or clients with activities of daily living which include personal & oral hygiene, bathing/showers, dressing, and other personal tasks.
- Assist as needed with meals and meal preparation, this may include shopping with the individual(s) for groceries.
- Assist residents or clients with housekeeping tasks as necessary, cleaning, dishes, vacuuming.
- Assist residents and clients with physical supports &/or adaptive equipment, i.e., transferring/lifting from wheelchair.
- Help plan and assist residents or clients’ activities at home or out in the community.
- Pending program assigned, may assist with the transportation of residents or clients to appointments or community activities, this would be dependent on a valid driver’s license, if driving was required.