Financial Services Assistant I - Retirement Plan Services
Avantax Planning Partners
Posted On 08/26/2022
Avantax Planning Partners, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Wealth Management and TaxAct, is seeking a Financial Services Assistant I that will be responsible for handling all client inquiries and correspondence. This individual will also prepare all client review materials and reports. The Financial Services Assistant I and II will assist in the preparation of client asset management, brokerage and insurance accounts (research or preparing applications), and all administrative duties for assigned Financial Advisors (FA). This individual must be an independent, flexible, professional person with the ability to make decisions. He/she must also be a proactive, organized individual with an eye for detail.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and review investment & insurance new account paperwork for deficiencies ensuring completion.
- Contact clients to gather information and complete the required paperwork.
- Act as liaison between CPA/FA and operations; Clients and operations (either in Dubuque or at Schwab); and Schwab, SEI, or brokerage.
- Assist in FA ongoing communication with clients, CPAs, and prospects (example: status of new and existing accounts, birthday reminders, cards & letters).
- Update CRM (Client Relationship Management) database with all client communications in a timely manner.
- Participate in training webinars and workshops to better understand the Financial Services industry including current rules and regulations.
- Act as an office manager in territorial offices as necessary.
- Protect and promote the philosophy of the company at work and out in public.
- Maintain confidentiality of the company’s work.
- Conducts all activities with integrity, fairness, and in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Provide exceptional world-class customer service to CPAs, FAs, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Work toward continuous quality improvements and service.
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and financial programs.
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year related financial services experience and/or training required.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is highly desirable. (Financial Assistant I).
- High school diploma or equivalent and three or more years of related financial services experience and/or training required.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is highly desirable. (Financial Services II).
- Strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel, CRM Database, PowerPoint, Email, and Internet Usage required along with excellent technical and mathematical skills.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.