ICE ARENA HOUSEKEEPING
Mystique Community Ice Center
Posted On 09/15/2022
Under general supervision, maintains janitorial equipment and cleans all ice arena areas. Performs cleaning tasks and operation of various types of cleaning equipment to care for and maintain assigned building and related facilities; and performs related work as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sweeps, mops, waxes and polishes floors, furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment.
- Washes windows and walls.
- Vacuums, scrubs and spot-cleans carpets.
- Cleans, scrubs mirrors, urinals, toilets and maintains supplies in the restrooms.
- Moves and arranges furniture and equipment.
- Sets up tables and chairs for meetings and events.
- Picks up and washes down patio and grounds.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Maintains janitorial supplies and equipment.
- Notifies management concerning need for repairs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Less than high school diploma.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Understanding and carrying out oral and written directions.
- Cleaning and caring for assigned areas and equipment.
- Working independently in the absence of supervision.
- Using a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and supplies.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
- Medium work, able to move/lift up to 50 lbs.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Worker is subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Subject to noise.
- Subject to hazards (moving mechanical parts, electrical current, scaffolding, exposure to chemicals).
- Subject to atmospheric conditions affecting respiratory system or skin (fumes, dusts, mists, gasses, poor ventilation).
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
a) General office equipment including, but not limited to:
- Variety of cleaning tools, equipment and supplies