Food Merchandising Internship
Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 09/19/2022
The Food Merchandising Internship will begin in January and end in August of 2023.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
As a Food Merchandising Intern, you will collaborate with cross functional partners in Food Merchandising, Brand Marketing, Internet, Creative Marketing, Customer Service, Food Purchasing/Planning, and IMS/Marketing in all stages of catalog development and brand marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our brand marketing opportunities, along with developing future catalogs. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting Brand Merchandising Coordinator to plan social media strategies and execution for the Food Brands, including content creation and customer interaction
• Assisting Brand Merchandising Coordinator to develop, implement, and track campaign plans
• Assisting Brand Merchandising Coordinator with preparing Photography Samples, Standard Pack Review, and Special Projects
• Preparing white boards (both hard copy and digital) and SOT reports for Merchandisers to plan catalogs
• Assisting Brand Merchandising Coordinator with inputting catalogs into Lago
• Performing research on competitors or industry trends
• Supporting the Food Merchandising Team in daily administrative tasks
• Working on a variety of analytical projects focused on customer data and research
What It Takes:
This internship will help you acquire merchandising and marketing skills and also provide you with knowledge of catalog development from beginning to end. Ultimately, you will gain a broad experience in both Merchandising and Marketing, along with preparing you to enter any fast-paced work environment. Internship applicants must:
• Be at least Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Possess a strong desire to learn along with professional drive
• Possess good time and project management skills including the ability to work with little supervision
• Have a passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Have a solid understanding of different marketing techniques
This position requires you to work onsite at our corporate headquarters in Monroe, WI Tuesday through Thursday each week. You are able to work from home (remotely) most Mondays and Fridays provided you have reliable, high-speed internet and appropriate home office ergonomics.