General Manager - Tire Sales & Service
Thompson Tire & Retread
Posted On 09/23/2022
Thompson Tire & Retread is a local, family-owned, full-service tire business serving customers in Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Davenport, Iowa. We serve commercial customers through competitive prices on a wide variety of tire brands and customized tires service, including onsite repairs and 24/7 roadside assistance. Additionally, we have a Goodyear Authorized Retread plan in our Dubuque location that can help our customers save money on their new tires. The opportunities in this business and within the transportation organization are growing as needs increase!
Lead the service and sales teams to achieve profitable results and exceed customer expectations of their commercial tire needs. Position the sales team for continued growth in the market. Develop and implement sales strategies and action plans to become the provider of choice in our market. Must lead by example and be fluent in closing profitable and sustainable sales.
- Manage team members to include hiring, training, performance management, progressive discipline.
- Assign service work among team members to maximize efficiency and utilize team member strengths. Oversee output to check for accuracy, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and grow relationships with current customers and resolve concerns if they arise. Develop relationships with prospective customers in the community and build brand identity.
- Maintain a safe work environment for team members by proactively watching for and correcting safety concerns. Keep work area clean and free from safety hazards.
- Partner with truck sales and service departments to identify and execute cross-selling opportunities that strengthen customer retention.
- Achieve AOP sales and profitability targets.
- Develop and implement sales programs to drive profitable and sustainable growth.
- Formulate periodic reports showing 1) Sales Growth 2) Profitability growth 2) Retread sales Growth 4) Service Growth
- Work with the Operations team to ensure that the sales reps have the capability to solicit sales majority of the day.
- Promote complete tire management strategy with the sales team, ensuring they are knowledgeable and skilled to have discussions with all customers.
- Promote the values of the Thompson companies.
- Sales experience, preferably in the tire and/or manufacturing industry and business-to-business.
- Experience leading teams and building talent while managing a budget and P&L.
- Fluent in MS Office with professional presentation skills.
- Problem solving skills to interpret sales performance and market trends.
Thompson Truck & Trailer offers a competitive benefits package the first of the month following 30 days of employment: Group medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays with no waiting period, and tuition reimbursement.
Visit our website at: https://www.thompsontireandretread.com/
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThompsonTruckandTrailer/posts/
Thompson Truck and Trailer is proud to be an EEO employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for career opportunities at our company.