Director of Athletic Communications
Posted On 09/28/2022
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive, rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Manages all aspects of media relations, publicity and promotion for a 23-sport NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletic program.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- Prepares articles for The Loras College Magazine and other institutional publications.
- Travels to various away contests when appropriate.
- Works with Director of Athletics regarding game program advertisements and other
promotional events or sponsorships.
- Oversee the athletic pages of the school's website.
- Attends weekly administrative meetings.
- Coordinates and supervises assigned personnel for home contests, including announcers and
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects its College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Mission and Vision of the College - Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and Vision of Loras College.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in sports/athletic administration or related field. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of one year of sports information or media experience. Desktop publishing and web publishing experience is desirable. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of intercollegiate athletics administration and sports information. Understanding of public relations and media processes. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, students, the news media, and the general public. Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite. Desktop publishing and web publishing experience is desirable.
Other Requirements: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Well organized and able to meet deadlines. Attentive to detail. Strong project management abilities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE. Applicants must go to: http://loras.applicantpool.com to apply. Please upload: your letter of application and resume. The finalist will need to pass a background check before receiving a written employment offer.