Facilities Maintenance Worker
University of Dubuque
Posted On 09/29/2022
The University of Dubuque is a growing faith based University that is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Worker. The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and a retirement match.
- Repair and maintain equipment, plumbing, electrical, boiler system, HVAC, locks, & buildings in accordance with building codes
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled carpentry, remodels, & new construction
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment & buildings
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Perform a variety of basic electrical repairs and installations
- Perform snow removal related activities when necessary
- Restore and/or replace various types of furniture, doors, windows, floors, roofs, etc.
- Repair and/or replace concrete, plaster walls, paint walls, ceilings, fixtures, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the University’s Mission including overtime assignments and emergency call-in work
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC training courses are highly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ related experience
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 100 lbs. is required
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time, bend, stoop, and kneel
- Excellent communication skills—verbal, written, & interpersonal
- Ability to climb a 12’ ladder, work on scaffolding, & operate an aerial lift
To apply with a growing faith based University for the Facilities Maintenance Worker position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO