Quality Control Technician: $20.00 – $24.00/hour + Up to 6% Bonus
Klauer Manufacturing Company
Posted On 10/04/2022
Job Title: Quality Control Technician
Exemption: Full-time, Non-exempt
Base Pay Range: $20.00 — $24.00/hour + Up to 6% Bonus
Shift Time: 1st Shift, Monday - Friday
Reports to: Quality Manager
Who is Klauer Manufacturing Company?
Founded in 1870, Klauer was built on hard work, quality products and service. Klauer’ s mission is to enable our customers in the building products industry to win through the quality, consistency, and predictability of everything we do. We have three locations in Dubuque, IA, where our goal is to provide a safe and family-oriented working environment for our employees. As a team, we maintain our mission through our cultural values and company priorities: safety, attitude, effort and accountability.
What can you expect from Klauer Manufacturing?
You can expect to feel part of the Klauer Manufacturing family, which is inclusive, regardless of gender, background, disability, or status. We offer a generous benefits package for all team members, including work-hour flexibility, health, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, 2 weeks’ vacation, paid funeral leave, and paid jury duty.
Who are you?
Klauer is looking for solutions-oriented candidates to implement company strategy and objectives within their department. The goal is to promote cultural values and persevere through obstacles to achieve winning results for both Klauer and its customers. The Quality Control Technician possesses the qualifications and characteristics listed below:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to roll up your sleeves when necessary
- Able to operate resourcefully in dynamic environments
- Organized, detail-oriented and communicates quality issues with urgency
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with team members and department heads with candor, tact, patience, and diplomacy
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced with aesthetic specifications and using visual standards
- Solid understanding of test equipment and experience with using measurement tools
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information
- 2- or 4-year degree in Technology/Engineering or a minimum of 2 years of inspection/production experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios, and proportions required
What does Klauer ask of you?
In this role, you will champion the following:
- Develop and maintain inspection reports. Perform inspections across all stages of production and communicate results and expectations to the line to address.
- Assist in defining and implementing robust process controls/error proofing solutions that ensure product aligns with specification and performance standards
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment. Verify quality control standards and measurement equipment/methods are being used by operators to detect and address non-conforming parts/products
- Assist with containment and documented tracking of non-conforming parts
- Prepare and maintain test data for review – process capability, current and new equipment part to print validation.
- Evaluate data and draft reports noting any relevant deviations from existing standards
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Ensure compliance with Company, State and Federal standards and specifications.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
Physical demands for this job require standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and stooping. Strength rating for this job is M – Medium work – exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.
Class I – Medium (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)