Summer 2023 Sales Internship- Dubuque, IA
Kunkel & Associates, Inc.
Posted On 10/11/2022
Kunkel & Associates is a commercial insurance brokerage, and consulting firm committed to providing quality service through unparalleled professionalism and personalized attention for almost 20 years. Our team offers consultative solutions for your transportation, property, casualty, and employee benefits needs. Our organization continues to grow and develop by bringing innovative advantages to our clients, including comprehensive nursing services, resource consulting, safety and loss control management, and claims management. At Kunkel & Associates, we take pride in exceeding customer expectations within a unique working environment and uphold a culture that embraces passion, perseverance, and enthusiasm.
K&A Locations: Dubuque, Iowa (Headquarters); Madison, Wisconsin and Kansas City, Kansas
K&A Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 8 am-5 pm
Sales Internship Summary:
Are you looking for an internship that will challenge you daily in fun but professional work environment? An Internship at Kunkel & Associates will give you the tools to network with business owners, work in a team setting and gain real-life experiences. Our team here at Kunkel & Associates will provide you with on-the-job training and one-on-one mentorship to ensure you have the best tools to succeed in your future career. Each Sales Intern will have the opportunity to travel with our producers to meet with clients and prospects on business solutions. Our internship program offers flexible hours, hourly pay, a potential full-time position upon graduation, and, if needed, we will provide and pay for your housing needs for the summer! Come work with us, not for us this summer!
- Job shadow and train with sales and support staff
- Learn how to complete insurance applications
- Flexible schedule, hybrid option
- Paid internship
- Paid housing for those not from Dubuque, Madison, or Kansas City
- Build Insurance proposals
- Accompany Sales Executives on prospect and renewal presentations and service plans
- Opportunity to travel for client and prospect meetings
- Implement/monitor client service plans
- Analyze data to ensure that clients have the appropriate coverage
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to include providing high-quality service/prompt responses
- Opportunity to work with our leadership team on implementing new ideas
- Other projects/duties assigned.
Hear what our interns have to say about their experience: https://youtu.be/WmpieeSSup4
Watch our recruitment video to see our Dubuque office and meet some of our team: https://youtu.be/SRE6ogpTVj0.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. Please visit our internship website at www.kunkel-inc.com/interns.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn!
Sales Internship Skills/Qualifications:
- Working towards completion of BA or BS
- Strong Outlook, Word, and Excel Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent service orientation skills
- Flexible hours with the capacity to work up to 40 hours or we offer part-time hours (Monday – Friday)