Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
Posted On 11/04/2022
APPLY BY Position open until filled
HIRE DATE January 1, 2023
DIVISION Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO Director of Enterprise Applications
POSTING DATE November 4, 2022
Southwest Tech has embarked on a multi-year college-wide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software implementation to deliver a world-class experience to its prospective and current students, staff, faculty, and alumni. The IT Programmer/Analyst has an important role in this ongoing project, working in close collaboration with the Director of Enterprise Applications to design and build integrations, forms, workflows, reports, and analytics dashboards that will meet the needs of the various college departments utilizing the system, including Registrar/Records, Admissions, Financial Aid, Billing, and Housing. This position is 40 hours per week with full-time benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Analyze user needs; design, develop, install, and maintain systems, report functions, applications, or databases; ensure technology security; install and test upgrades and patches; write code; and prepare analytical and statistical reports.
- Perform data modeling, develop relational database structures, and communicate with vendors.
- Create and maintain reports for staff and administration from data sources; work may involve converting report requirements into SQL Query statements.
- Troubleshoots data problems in systems to maintain data quality; duties may involve, but are not limited to, creating and maintaining scripts, using appropriate tools to identify the sources of issues, and identifying appropriate resolution methods
- Performs other duties as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field required, bachelors preferred
- 5 years’ related data analyst programming experience required
- Proficient experience in the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server / Azure SQL / TSQL
- Microsoft .NET / C# / Visual Studio
- Postman API tool / OData
- Microsoft SSRS / Report Builder
- Windows Workflow Foundation
- Microsoft Power BI
- Anthology Student / Forms Builder
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word), Teams
- familiarity with higher education data systems in general
- Excellent research, analytical, project management, critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with management, business users, and other team members
- Ability to multitask, maintain an organized work environment, and be a team player and self-starter
· Methods of designing applicable systems;
· Applicable computer programming languages;
· Customer service principles;
· Training principles;
· Computers and related software applications;
· Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations.
· Evaluating software applications;
· Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
· Providing customer service;
· Training end-users;
· Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
REMOTE/VIRTUAL WORK OPTION
The ideal candidate will work on the main Southwest Tech campus in Fennimore, Wisconsin, although a remote/virtual work arrangement is an option that may be discussed. If a remote option is approved, the candidate will establish an appropriate work environment with reliable internet service. Frequency and duration of travel required to Fennimore will be at employee’s expense and will be determined upon hire. In either scenario, the successful candidate will be provided with a Southwest Tech laptop and related software.
Position requires stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and lifting.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc.
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
SALARY BAND: C44: $57,152 - $80,013
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- Fitness Center Access
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender identity, religion or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.