Software Engineer Intern
Posted On 03/09/2022
Overview of Position
Change Healthcare is seeking a software engineer intern to design, develop, test, debug, and implement new or enhanced application functionality as a member of a virtual team. The role supports an internal tool with nearly 2000 users, integrating with 40+ systems and industry leading products, such as: SalesForce, SAP, AWS Connect and AWS CLI, Verint, SQLServer, ChangeHealthcare products, and more.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Will be actively involved in all project phases during the full software development cycle, including: Design, Coding, Testing, Post Install configuration and performance measurements, Post install issue interfacing and resolution. Will engage with full time and Team Leader resources in team to incorporate best practices and feedback into design and code implementation.
- Will learn business processes and data structures to design appropriate ETL, process automation, and reporting solutions to support the business.
- Will design, implement, and maintain projects using Amazon Web Services (AWS). This will include design and implementation of database table layouts and associated processes using, but not limited to these technologies: Redshift, Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL (including packages arranged by functional unit), processes necessary to maintain and interface data with external applications.
- Frequently required to work in a virtual team setting in order to achieve work goals/objectives.
- May participate in code refactoring efforts.
- Complies with corporate open source and security policies.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Pursuing a Career in Software Engineering
- Ability to interface with internal users to define system requirements
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- jQuery, TOAD, ExtJS Framework, MS-DOS Batch
- Git and Git-flow
- JetBrains IDE Products (IntelliJ and DataGrip)
- General Knowledge of database products (Redshift, SQL server, etc.)
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands