2nd Shift Production Lead
RIE Coatings, LLC
Posted On 11/18/2022
2nd Shift Production Lead
RIE Coatings located in Dubuque, IA is currently seeking a positive, motivated, and mechanically inclined 2nd Shift Production Lead. This position is responsible for leading the 2nd shift team by ensuring all safety and quality policies are met first, followed by ensuring production goals are achieved. This includes functions such as operating equipment during breaks and absences, providing guidance on quality inspections, providing work direction, maintaining communications with 1st shift, performing routine maintenance on machines, and troubleshooting mechanical issues.
This position is perfect for someone with at least 1 year of leadership experience, a safety-first mindset, a desire to do it right the first time, and a lead-by-example work ethic.
Some of the duties you will perform include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to production workers to ensure production runs smoothly by running a machine, covering breaks, ensuring operators and support have what they need to keep the work moving, moving product or coatings as needed, coaching, and directing team members, etc.
- Drives safety management; ensuring all safety protocols are followed by all team members, reporting near misses or incidents timely, participating in the safety committee, etc.
- Prioritize housekeeping efforts, developing and maintaining a “leave it better than you found it” mentality with the team.
- Point of contact for the shift including troubleshooting, equipment issues, incident reporting, employee questions, etc.
- Lead team huddles and provide the necessary information, safety items, hot jobs, workforce assignments, daily production data, etc.
- Recognition of nonconforming products and services and initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the product, process, and/or quality system
- Some administrative work is necessary so you must be comfortable using a computer, assisting with interviews and facility tours, completing paperwork, etc.
- Completion of High School or equivalent
- 1 year of previous leadership experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work in a hot environment.
- Lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to be on your feet for 10 hours a day walking and standing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 2:30 pm – 12:30 am. Training on 1st shift during the first 6-12 weeks, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
Pay: $20.00-$23.00/hour base, plus $1.50 shift differential. This range is dependent on experience and could increase for the right qualified candidate.
Bonus: Sign-on bonus of $1,500. Quarterly bonuses based on production targets. Quarterly bonuses range from $500-$1500 depending on the achievement of targets.
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; supplemental benefits; 401k with company match; continuing education assistance; safety shoe reimbursement; paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick time.