Business Development Manager – East Region
Innovative Ag Services
Posted On 11/22/2022
At IAS we strive to live by our purpose statement "Growing Relationships to Maximize Success" and are seeking genuine individuals, and supportive team players, hungry to collaborate cross-functionally to build better solutions to hard problems and have a meaningful impact on agriculture.
The most successful leadership candidates will be comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrate an owner’s mindset by being action-oriented, staying solution-focused, adapting to evolving strategies, and repeatedly going the extra mile. This candidate will be comfortable and enthusiastic about continuous improvement and leading a team that follows the IAS purpose statement.
Primary Objective: Responsible for the development, coaching, accountability, and performance of all salespeople in the assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership toward the achievement of maximum profitability and growth consistent with the company vision and mission. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the team’s professional development, training, and educational needs. This position will ensure communication and teamwork with the operations team to maximize company efficiency and grower experience.
Areas of Accountability:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Responsible for the motivating, coaching, mentoring, training, and professional development of assigned salespeople
- Provides coaching, leadership, and accountability of economical thought processes throughout the team
- Prepares team and individual action plans to prospect new business and grow current customer business consistent with department sales and marketing strategies
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Conducts and coordinates one-on-one reviews with all salespeople to enhance communication and understand training and professional development needs
- Provides direction to improve individual’s sales skills, sales activities, financial acumen, and performance
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding individual and team performance
- Communicates and manages accountability of pricing, profitability, and go-to-market strategies to salespeople
- Maintains accurate records of individual sales activity reports
- Assists salespeople in the preparation of proposals and presentations
- Controls and monitors expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics and assures that they are communicated and implemented within the sales team
- Recruits and hires salespeople based on criteria agreed upon by senior management
Relationships and Roles:
- Ensures that all salespeople meet or exceed all activity standards for customer and prospecting calls, presentations, and proposals, and complete required reporting documentation
- Works closely with the Vice President of Agronomy to implement company business strategies and action plans
- Works closely with Operations Managers to facilitate and coordinate activities for efficient operations
- Communicates on a regular basis with location managers on teamwork with the salesperson, sales strategies, customer dynamics, efficiencies, and new account applications and accounts receivable management and collection
- Maintains regular contact with salespeople and conducts regular coaching sessions
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, business management, or another ag-related fieldield
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales management
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form
- Ability to organize, and deal with change positively and effectively, while working on multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven leadership, coaching, and ability to drive sales teams along with the area agronomy department
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or, on occasion, carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also, flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agricultural products.