Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 11/23/2022
The Developer Internship will begin in June and end in August or December 2023 (depending on your availability).
What You’ll Do & Learn:
As an IT Developer, you will be part of an agile team and will assist with research and fact-finding to develop and modify a data processing system. You will support the Systems and Programming team with writing and maintaining simpler application programs, generally coding from documented specifications. DevOps, Security and the cloud are an important part of what we do. Also, you will work on limited systems analysis work. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Maintaining existing programs and processes
• Designing, coding, and testing new programs and processes
• Installing and maintaining both custom and purchased applications
• Developing, maintaining and supporting policies and procedures which are intended to protect designed computer programs, data bases and data files from unauthorized or accidental duplication, modification or destruction.
What It Takes:
We are currently looking for highly driven students pursing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math or related fields with excellent communication skills, both oral and written form. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of common programming language. In addition, we are looking for:
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Knowledge of C#, Java, SQL, VB.Net or COBOL is desired
• Experience with relational databases, Cloud experience and DevOps knowledge helpful
• Application Debugging experience
• Ability to prioritize workload
We value onsite collaboration so this role requires onsite work in our Monroe office Tuesday - Thursday. There is generally flexibility to work remotely for up to 2 days per week. To take advantage of the remote work option, you must have reliable, high-speed internet and appropriate home office ergonomics.
Please note this position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
SC Data Center, Inc. is a customer-centric business that supports warehousing, information technology and contact centers. SC Data Center, Inc. is an affiliate company of Colony Brands, Inc. which is one of North America's largest, multi-channel direct-marketing companies. We generously support the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
- Paid Opportunities - This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Relocation/Housing – $1,000.00 to assist with housing costs for students relocating/coming from more than 50 miles away to their work site.
- Employee Discounts - Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 45% to 50% off.
- Time Off - We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements - Receive up to $50 per month toward a gym membership at local YMCA/YWCAs.
- Health Insurance - Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Business Casual Dress Code - Jeans are allowed year-round!
- Performance Updates - We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training - We provide all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation - The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details