Operations Management Internship
Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 11/23/2022
The Bakery Operations Management Internship will begin in June and end in December of 2023.
What You’ll Do:
You will first spend time learning the Bakery processes and equipment to ensure high safety, quality, and performance are maintained. You will then evolve to learning the software system to accurately track and record our inventory to ensure all ingredients, components, materials, work in-process, and finished products are accounted for to ensure accurate Lot, Track and Trace (LTT). You will eventually oversee an area in production to gain people leadership experience by creating staffing schedules, coordinating and communicating work, ensuring accurate labor scans are performed, recording data, and driving safety, quality, productivity, and teamwork improvements to accomplish the needs of the manufacturing facility. In addition, you’ll be responsible for:
• Monitoring, running, and performing basic troubleshooting on equipment
• Accurately recording inventory and production transactions to ensure reliable Lot, Track, and Trace
• Coordinating and utilizing staffing, tools, and equipment so approved products are manufactured within safety, quality, scheduling, and cost standards
What It Takes:
We are seeking someone with strong communication skills who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Production/Operations Management, Engineering, or a related major. In addition, Internship Applicants must:
• Be a Junior or Senior in college, recent graduates may be considered
• Have a 2.8 cumulative GPA or higher
• A good working knowledge of MS Office and Windows applications
• Above average organizational skills
• Be able to make decisions independently
This position will require you to work onsite at our headquarters in Monroe, WI.
Please note this position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
- Paid Opportunities - This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Relocation/Housing – $1,000.00 to assist with housing costs for students relocating/coming from more than 50 miles away to their work site.
- Employee Discounts - Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 45% to 50% off.
- Time Off - We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements - Receive up to $50 per month toward a gym membership at local YMCA/YWCAs.
- Health Insurance - Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Business Casual Dress Code - Jeans are allowed year-round!
- Performance Updates - We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training - We provide all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation - The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details