Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 11/23/2022
The Planning Internship will begin in June and end in August of 2023.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
As a Planning Intern you’ll be assisting with the financial analysis of the business as well developing seasonal financial plans at the category and product level to drive sales and maximize profit. You’ll develop & apply sales forecasting curves for catalog items through statistical analysis. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Determining forecasts for product to meet financial targets for the season and each catalog
• Analyzing reports and data to determine trends by catalog, category, price point, positioning, etc.
• Analyzing sales and profitability information for current performance and comparing to historical results & plan expectations.
• Working with cross-functional partners on business analysis and financial target setting as well as a collaborative intern project.
• Performing daily forecast system tasks/updates as necessary to ensure we are in sync with the mainframe at all times
What It Takes:
This position requires initiative and the ability to be self-sufficient and efficient. Ideally, you will be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or Statistics.
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong Excel abilities and the ability to work in multiple databases
• An extensive knowledge and use of MS Office and Windows applications
We value onsite collaboration so this role requires onsite work in our Monroe office Tuesday - Thursday. There is generally flexibility to work remotely for up to 2 days per week. To take advantage of the remote work option, you must have reliable, high-speed internet and appropriate home office ergonomics.
Please note this position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
- Paid Opportunities - This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Relocation/Housing – $1,000.00 to assist with housing costs for students relocating/coming from more than 50 miles away to their work site.
- Employee Discounts - Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 45% to 50% off.
- Time Off - We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements - Receive up to $50 per month toward a gym membership at local YMCA/YWCAs.
- Health Insurance - Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Business Casual Dress Code - Jeans are allowed year-round!
- Performance Updates - We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training - We provide all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation - The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details