Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 11/23/2022
We have two Merchandising Internships available. Both will begin in June, and one will end in August and the other in December.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
You’ll work on a variety of product and category merchandising projects for the Colony Brands Inc, family of nonfood catalog brands. You will support and assist in the implementation of strategy for catalog and digital marketing campaigns based on analysis of past trends, customer data and current market data. This includes assisting in the analysis of product sales and profitability, product/offer review, collaborating with merchandise managers on product development, working with creative team to effectively communicate with our customer, and reviewing catalogs in various stages before printing. In addition, you’ll also be responsible for:
• Analyzing catalog, category and product performance
• Supporting assortment build-out, product sampling and product development activities
• Assisting Category Merchandise Managers with preparation and of product information for catalog and copy development
• Participating in catalog preparation and creative/layouts.
What It Takes:
We need a cross-functional player with professional level communication skills, who is able to adapt to changing priorities and possesses a high level of attention to detail. Ideally you will be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Fashion Merchandising, Retail & Consumer Behaviors, Entrepreneurship, Management or Statistics. In addition, you must:
• Be at least Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Hold a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks/responsibilities and meet deadlines.
• Have an extensive knowledge and use of MS Office and Windows applications, especially Excel
• Be a visionary thinker - have an eye for style, design, quality, etc.
We value onsite collaboration so this role requires onsite work in our Monroe office Tuesday - Thursday. There is generally flexibility to work remotely for up to 2 days per week. To take advantage of the remote work option, you must have reliable, high-speed internet and appropriate home office ergonomics.
Please note this position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
- Paid Opportunities - This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Relocation/Housing – $1,000.00 to assist with housing costs for students relocating/coming from more than 50 miles away to their work site.
- Employee Discounts - Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 45% to 50% off.
- Time Off - We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements - Receive up to $50 per month toward a gym membership at local YMCA/YWCAs.
- Health Insurance - Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Business Casual Dress Code - Jeans are allowed year-round!
- Performance Updates - We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training - We provide all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation - The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details