HR Employment Specialist Internship (Monroe, WI)
Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 11/23/2022
The HR Employment Specialist Internship will begin in June and end in December 2023.
What You’ll Do:
We need thousands of employees to deliver the excitement we promise our customers, so we do a lot of hiring! Your work will primarily revolve around fulfilling temporary hiring goals. To meet those goals, your duties will involve interviewing candidates, hiring, and orientating new employees. You’ll also be responsible for:
• Performing reference and background checks on applicants as needed
• Processing necessary paperwork related to the hiring
• Conducting temporary employee surveys
• Assisting with updating and entering drug screening information into our computer system
• Assisting Human Resource Manager with special projects and tasks as assigned
What It Takes:
This role requires a strong, consistent, and empathetic communicator with knowledge around the Human Resource function. Ideally you will be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources or related field. In addition, we are looking for:
• Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered; or a completed Associates Degree in Business
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Effective presentation skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• The ability to effectively handle difficult situations/ conversations diplomatically
• Bilingual proficiency preferred (English/Spanish)
This position is not eligible for remote work and will require you to work onsite at our Monroe office.
Please note this position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
- Paid Opportunities - This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Relocation/Housing – $1,000.00 to assist with housing costs for students relocating/coming from more than 50 miles away to their work site.
- Employee Discounts - Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 45% to 50% off.
- Time Off - We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements - Receive up to $50 per month toward a gym membership at local YMCA/YWCAs.
- Health Insurance - Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Business Casual Dress Code - Jeans are allowed year-round!
- Performance Updates - We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training - We provide all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation - The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details