Web Project Editor Internship
Great River Learning
Posted On 01/20/2023
Great River Learning is looking for a Web Project Editor Intern which affords a unique opportunity for students to work in a collaborative environment that cultivates teamwork skills, account management skills, and web design skills. Manages custom web projects through content creation, training, implementation, and ongoing customer support. Responsible for ongoing project support and customer relationships.
Who We Are
Great River Learning (GRL) is an established, higher education company that focuses on developing engaging publications by integrating videos, animations, and interactive exercises. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don't read traditional 900-page textbooks...unless they're cramming for a test. We develop next-generation textbooks that are well designed, interactive, and media-rich. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Learn more by visiting us at www.greatriverlearning.com.
Our sales process is to interview college professors, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with our company.
In A Typical Work Week as an Intern, You Will...
- Works closely with external author groups and internal design team to plan site design and content.
- Receives project content and provides guidance to authors as needed.
- Provides guidance to author as needed related to content and the website.
- Works with internal resources on copyediting, permissions, etc.
- Assists with development of Learning Objects, creates documentation, and works with internal production team to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- May assist in creation of project eRoom and training authors on use.
- Assists in training instructors on site functionality and coordinates training schedule for all sites.
- Provides ongoing support of site concerns/problems.
- Maintains open relationship with instructors and responds to questions.
Characteristics of Who GRL Looks For in Interns, You are...
- Someone interested in learning more about a career in sales - any major will do, but business, marketing, or other related majors are a plus
- Available to work out of our Dubuque, Iowa home office - this is not a remote internship.
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven
- Someone who possesses enough leadership, motivation, and purpose to hold themselves accountable.
- Positive and have a "can do" attitude towards their work, and their outlook on life.
Why Us? We Understand It's More Than Just a Job!
Choosing a career path can be one of the most important decisions in one's life. Work is part of a person's identity. People need compelling reasons to remain at a job and a company day after day, year after year. As you consider an internship, we understand the benefits an employer offers are just as appealing as the job itself.
Our companies offers:
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for more than 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and upper management staff worked their way up in our family of companies
- We offer our interns flexible scheduling!
If what we described matches your background and skills, we'd love to talk to you. All applicants must have valid driver's license and working towards a bachelor's degree. Send your resume and cover letter to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer