Theisen Home Farm Auto
Posted On 02/17/2023
Employment Type: Full time
Supervisor: Training Manager
Location: Dubuque Corporate Office
Assist the team by working in conjunction with the Training Manager to help associates develop the skills needed to attain and maintain the desired performance levels of all Theisen associates, and train in the area of customer service, sales and profit. Assist in the development of Theisen’s Brand training programs using appropriate methods and techniques to improve the job knowledge, skills, productivity, customer engagement and morale of associates. Work extensively on the company’s LMS system to ensure all associates complete their required training.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 6-12 months of training experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years retail experience preferred
- Experience with editing software preferred (Camtasia)
- Website building software preferred (Wix, Learning Management Systems)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- 5-10% travel required (occasional overnight stays)
- Be a “Brand Ambassador” for Theisen’s
- Assist in the development and execution of a training program that teaches all associates, including management, the importance of being a “Brand Ambassador” for Theisen’s
- Continue to add and/or maintain videos, printed materials, online resources and electronic aids that are available in the Learning Management System (LMS) with the goal of maintaining a high- quality training program that is the best in the industry
- Work with buyers, marketing and outside vendors to obtain and develop product knowledge videos which includes reviewing current content for accurate and up to date information
- Develop and maintain new hire orientation materials including the new hire welcome message, culture, and organization of materials needed to complete the onboarding process
- Review, develop and update all standard operating procedure information which includes, but is not limited to, policies, procedures, planograms, memos and forms
- Track and develop regular reports to ensure completion of training requirements at store level including reports through 8th Street, Mystery Shop Reports, etc.
- Assist in overseeing and troubleshooting company sites such as 8th Street, Expert Voice, NHPA, Stihl, Repair Storm, etc.
- Participate in the training and continued development of our store trainers which includes providing best practices, updated training documentation, online training content and personal development training
- Attend training at least semi-annually to improve and learn new training skills
- Be positive, passionate, energetic and innovative in order to make training fun
- Monitor proper compliance of required safety training
- Assist in the event planning of seminars, online training calls and vendor shows
- Other duties as directed by manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively express ideas or instructions to others
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to clearly express self in reports, memos and other written communications
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
- Possess a positive attitude, good listening skills and an outgoing personality
- Proven presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical, decision making, and problem-solving abilities
- Familiar with onboarding procedures and LMS system functions
Full Time eligible for:
- Health, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Competitive match on 401k
- PTO, holiday, and birthday-off pay
- Associate discount and many other benefits
While in the office, frequent physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, dexterity, and light grasping. Occasional physical demands include lifting up to 25 lbs., bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, squatting, climbing stairs and firmly grasping. The employee is required to accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent to perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. The associate must have the manual dexterity to manually operate and use a computer and other basic office equipment.
While in the store, frequent physical demands include lifting up to 25 lbs., walking, standing, bending, reaching, dexterity and light grasping. Occasional physical demands include lifting up to and over 50 lbs., climbing stairs, squatting, and firmly grasping. The associate is required to talk and hear. Must be able to work required shifts including nights and weekends, and maintain attendance standards. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent to perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. The associate must have the manual dexterity to manually operate and use a computer/cash register and/or RF.
Work Environment and Working Conditions
While in the office, this position will be performed inside a climate-controlled office facility. The noise level is low to medium and typical of an office environment. Potential hazards include electrical hazards. Atmospheric conditions are typical of an office environment and may include exposure to odors and dust.
While in the store, work will normally be performed inside of the store facility; however, some work may occasionally be performed outside in conditions ranging from cold below 32 degrees to heat above 100 degrees. The work environment is usually fast paced with regular deadlines and sales expectations. Extreme noise and vibrations may occasionally be experienced. Associates may be subjected to hazards such as burns, cuts, electrical, explosive, and mechanical. Due to the nature of the work, associates may be exposed atmospheric conditions such as dust fumes, odors, and poor ventilation. For the safety of our associates, all associates may be required to wear protective devices from time to time, depending on the job/task being performed.
Theisen’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class.