Operations Manager Warehouse - Sat-Mon 5am-5pm - Dubuque, IA
Posted On 03/06/2023
The Operations Manager's responsibility is to deliver on overall customer promise by communicating and supporting the business strategy related to operations processes, policies and procedures. It is the Operations Manager’s role to maintain and improve the physical condition of the facility by planning and implementing new design layouts to ensure that the flow of merchandise remains optimal. Executing the strategy and direction of the building through strategic planning and forecasting will be essential for this role.
A day in the life…
- Support the business strategy or driving results for overall safety, quality and performance
- Lead a team up to 250 employees and up to 5 salaried Assistant Managers across multiple shifts/departments
- Recruiting, selecting, onboarding, and training the right resources
- Drive warehouse associates results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and provides feedback on job performance
- Drive professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Meet warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
You own this if you have…
- 5+ years of warehouse experience in a managerial role. Leading at least 3 supervisors or managers preferred
- Proven capability in identifying and implementing CI actions that deliver measurable improvements to cost, service and quality
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing others and growing leadership competencies in their direct reports
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Ability to analyze data and determine actions based on improvement opportunities
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.