Theisen Home Farm Auto
Posted On 03/21/2023
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Accounting Manager
Location: Dubuque Corporate Office
This position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting for in-house accounts receivables, as well as tracking and following up on vendor rebates, co-op and other credits.
- Associates degree
- 3+ years of related experience
- In-house Accounts Receivable accounting including running monthly statements, following up on past due accounts, and applying AR payments
- Ensure balancing and reconciling of JDF and credit card receivables
- Close out credits taken on check runs and follow up on outstanding credits not received
- Invoice, follow-up, and maintain spreadsheet for Advertising Co-Op
- Match checks and remittances for each check run
- Perform audit procedures on check runs as determined by management
- Prepare other analyses and schedules as assigned by management
- Assist with month-end, including preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing reports.
- Other duties as requested by management may include, but will not be limited to assisting with budgets, assisting with annual audit, and assisting with payroll and related vouchers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point, as well as knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively express ideas or instructions to others
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and able to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and routine correspondence
- Possess technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month end close responsibilities
- Ability to work through problem analysis and problem resolution
- Sufficient knowledge of computer programs, bookkeeping and accounting principles to accurately maintain company records.
Full Time eligible for:
- Health, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Competitive match on 401K
- PTO, holiday, and birthday-off pay
- Associate discount and many other benefits
Frequent physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, dexterity, and light grasping. Occasional physical demands include lifting up to 25 lbs., bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, squatting, climbing stairs and firmly grasping. The employee is required to accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent to perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. The associate must have the manual dexterity to manually operate and use a computer and other basic office equipment.
Work Environment and Working Conditions
This position will be performed inside a climate-controlled office facility. The noise level is low to medium and typical of an office environment. Potential hazards include electrical hazards. Atmospheric conditions are typical of an office environment and may include exposure to odors and dust.
Theisen’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class.