Grant Regional Health Center
Posted On 04/03/2023
TITLE: Surgical Technician
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Full-time (minimum 40 hours/week). 6:30am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday. Call rotation hours in addition to 40 hours/week (evenings, weekends, and holidays). Response time is 30 minutes.
The Surgical Technician assists the surgeon as a scrub person and assists the RN in performing circulating duties. The surgical technician displays understanding of anatomy and physiology along with the pathological process that is affecting the patient. The surgical technician displays an understanding of the surgery and prepares for any variations that may occur. The surgical technician cares for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. Possess good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Directly responsible for maintaining aseptic integrity throughout surgery including but not limited to organizing sterile field, opening sterile supplies, scrubbing, donning sterile gloves and gown and maintaining correct surgical counts per hospital policy.
- Assists and anticipates the needs of the surgeon and surgical team by passing instrumentation, equipment, and supplies accurately and quickly
- Assists RN with circulating duties as directed
- Prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens appropriately
- Assists with cleaning and restocking the operating room before and after surgery. Making necessary preparations for subsequent procedures.
- Prepares medications under the direct supervisor of circulating RN
- Participates in “time out” procedure according to hospital policy
- Utilizes personal protective equipment
- Demonstrates working knowledge of instrumentation and equipment. Follows instructions for use for cleaning and processing of instrumentation and equipment
- Orders surgical supplies as needed
- Demonstrates communication and leadership skills
- Utilizes communication tools provided
- Takes responsibility for self-development
- Demonstrates strong, accurate decision-making capabilities
- Performs other job-related duties as requested to facilitate departmental operations
Graduate of accredited Operating Room/Surgical Technician program.
HOW TO APPLY:
External applicants: Apply online at www.grantregional.com and submit updated resume. Interviews will begin as qualified applications are received