Business System Analyst – Intern
Posted On 03/21/2022
The Business System Analyst I (BSA 1) will support external & internal clients providing expertise and guidance. The BSA 1 is responsible for using their knowledge of software programs and business strategies to help the maximize productivity. Duties include communicating with clients to determine their needs and coordinating with IT professionals to create client solutions. The BSA 1 will be involved in planning, organizing, and conducting analysis to define problems, identify deficiencies and improve solutions relevant to the tier 1 position. The BSA 1 will collaborate with users to identity business needs for potential system enhancements to be completed by upper tier support. The BSA 1 will also participate in the research, design, and successful delivery of not only client level code enhancements, but also new and innovative solutions that meet business objectives and ensure achievement of planned milestones.
- Properly capture and record customer data
- Respond to customer incoming inquiries in a manner consistent with department protocol
- Research, develops, and modifies procedures to improve client resolutions by assisting in the creation or updating of SOP’s.
- Work within multiple proprietary applications
- Analyze business and user needs, document requirements and translate to system specifications, including but not limited to, test cases to support unit testing specification requirement, document system, and client
- Escalate to appropriate leadership.
- Meet guidelines for individual and team Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Ability to review existing client setups, file layouts and output to present to clients.
Required Knowledge and Skill
- Strong understanding and experience with technical systems; ability to identify technical solutions for business problems
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to interact with internal staff at all levels
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate with customers and internal staff
- Ability to develop and develop presentation materials
- Ability to formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and due diligence
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry and the information exchange between providers, clearinghouses, payers, and employers
- Measure each by:
- Awareness: Possess the knowledge and skills to determine issues, assess the impact and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proficiency: Able to successfully and independently complete most tasks associated with this role, but occasionally require help from more experienced individuals.
- Mastery: Can easily complete tasks associated with this role, and can competently assess someone else’s level of understanding and teach others