City of Dubuque
Posted On 05/25/2023
- Drive trucks or other vehicles to or at work sites.
- Clean facilities or sites; building walls or flooring; equipment or supplies; furniture or fixtures; equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order; and work areas.
- Monitor building premises to ensure occupant or visitor safety.
- Dispose of trash or waste materials.
- Prepare chemicals for work application.
- Confer with coworkers to coordinate maintenance or cleaning activities.
- Select equipment, materials, or supplies for cleaning or maintenance activities.
- Operate manual and power tools.
- Decorate indoor or outdoor spaces.
- Move furniture.
- Maintain work equipment, machinery or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Treat facilities to eliminate pests.
- Read technical information needed to perform maintenance or repairs.
- Troubleshoot equipment or systems operation problems.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Plan work procedures.
- Paint surfaces.
- Record time; and information about parts, materials or repair procedures.
- Measure distances or dimensions.
- Estimate costs for labor or materials.
- Load and unload trucks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Equipment Maintenance - Planning and doing the basic maintenance on equipment.
Manual Dexterity - Holding or moving items with your hands.
Arm-Hand Steadiness - Keeping your arm or hand steady.
- Minimum of 18 years of age; and
- 1 to 12 months on-the-job training in custodial/janitorial work, building and grounds maintenance; or
- Education and experience equivalent to 1 year of experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid state driver’s license.
- Additional years of experience in custodial or janitorial work or building maintenance.
FLSA STATUS: – Non-exempt