Posted On 05/30/2023
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
The university is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Development Officer – Major Gifts. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Development, this position is responsible for connecting with donors who are capable of making a leadership gift to the university. This role requires frequent travel by car and/or air, which includes overnight and extended stays around the country.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with the implementation of annual and multi-year fundraising initiatives.
- Actively develop relationships and manage a diverse portfolio of donor prospects to cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts through face-to-face meetings, written proposals, and other communications.
- Meet annual and multi-year performance metrics for donor revenue and activity.
- Become conversationally fluent in understanding planned giving opportunities and comfortable introducing concepts to prospective donors.
- Represent Clarke University at off-campus functions as requested by department and university leadership.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, marketing, or a related field are required. Exceptional oral and written communication and people skills as well as knowledge of the MS Office suite and related technology are essential, as is the proven ability to work effectively as a team member. Knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database or a similar CRM software is preferred. The ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as well as regular travel is necessary.
To apply, please upload a resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com.
Clarke University is committed to fostering a welcoming campus community that celebrates the unique contributions of each person and promotes an inclusive learning environment. Clarke University does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.