Personal Assistant (DSP) – Work That Works
Hills & Dales
Posted On 07/28/2023
*These unique opportunities from local employers offer college students flexible, part-time jobs that are designed to work around class and exam schedules*
Position: Personal Assistant (DSP) - Part-time or Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – 21.00/hr
Shift Information: The hours can either be Flexible or a set scheduled anywhere between 30 – 130 hours per month and 156-160 minimum per month for full-time, shifts vary pending your availability to work around school schedule and activities. Provide a monthly calendar. Shift and Weekend Differentials apply.
Position Description: Personal Assistants (DSP) work directly with people with intellectual or developmental disabilities, which may include physical disabilities with the aim of assisting them in a self-directed life including activities of daily living when needed, and encouraging attitudes and behaviors which enhance community inclusion. Personal Assistant may provide supports to a person with a disability at home, work, school, church, and other community places. Personal Assistant also acts as an advocate for the individual, in communicating their needs, self-expression and goals.
- Ensure the safety and health of the residents or clients.
- Support residents or clients with activities of daily living which include personal & oral hygiene, bathing/showers, dressing, and other personal tasks.
- Assist as needed with meals and meal preparation, this may include shopping with the individual(s) for groceries.
- Assist residents or clients with housekeeping tasks as necessary, cleaning, dishes, vacuuming.
- Help plan and assist residents or clients’ activities at home or out in the community.
- Pending program assigned, may assist with the transportation of residents or clients to appointments or community activities, this would be dependent on a valid driver’s license, if driving was required.