AmeriCorps Teen Engagement Specialist - Work That Works
City of Dubuque
Posted On 07/28/2023
*These unique opportunities from local employers offer college students flexible, part-time jobs that are designed to work around class and exam schedules*
Position: AmeriCorps Teen Engagement Specialist
Pay: Living allowance Total: $22,100 ($884 -taxes every 2 weeks over 50 weeks) + Education Award: $6,895.00
Shift Information: 1700 Hours Contract – Minimum of 36 hours/week. 50 weeks Contract (September 5, 2023 – August 17, 2024)
- Monday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Tuesday: 12 pm – 8 pm
- Wednesday: 12pm – 8pm
- Thursday: 12 pm – 8pm
- Friday: 9 am – 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Off
- Pass a criminal history check prior to the first day
- Hold one of the following citizenship statuses: US citizen, US national, or Lawful Permanent Resident
Position Description: City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Members implement key skill-building programs to have the following impacts:
- Youth experience programs promoting healthy lifestyles resulting in decreased youth risk-related behaviors.
- Youth development skills to build meaningful and healthy relationships while experiencing inclusion and belonging.
- Providing every young person with the opportunity to grow up safely and access their best possible future.
This position’s goal is to provide Dubuque’s teenage youth with community connections, healthy opportunities, and engaging activities year-round. This vital role involves developing programs, implementing them, evaluating their impact, and reaching out to diverse youth populations. The Teen Engagement Specialist focuses on supporting students and families from marginalized communities, helping them navigate their out-of-school time in meaningful ways. This position will lead Teen Night programming for high school students, engage middle school students, build relationships with disadvantaged youth and their families, connect talents and interests to potential careers, and create sustainable support systems within the community.
- Collaborate with the Teen Empowerment Coordinator to develop and implement engaging programming and outreach initiatives for teen-aged youth in the Dubuque community.
- Develop individualized success plans for Teen Empowerment participants focus on individual needs/supports. IE: Social-Emotional Learning, Healthy Habits, Life-skills.
- Coach teenagers on appropriate behaviors, conflict management, de-escalation and self-regulation practices.
- Recruit, manage, monitor, train, and document volunteer involvement with teen programming.
- Document and maintain records of the impact on area youth who participate in the teen empowerment programs through weekly data reporting processes.
- Participate in A-DRT training(s) to ensure the member has knowledge and ability to respond to disasters