Posted On 08/18/2023
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Audit Manager in Dubuque, IA might include the following:
- Lead a client engagement meeting to determine timelines and goals of an audit.
- Research business trends in order to professionally represent the company and apply this knowledge to the client's solutions, potentially developing new or additional business for the Firm.
- Review accounting-related reports in a paperless environment.
- Review team's final financial analysis upon completion of fieldwork in an effort to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Assist with the training of new or less experienced staff members.
- Network, build relationships and attract new clients or business to the Firm.
- Attend training seminars, professional development and networking events.
Who You Are
- You are inquisitive and enjoy learning about various client business processes and traveling to different locations to help clients (potential for 10-30 percent travel is required for the role)
- You like developing others and providing constructive feedback to other team members.
- You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, have an active CPA license and have 5+ years of experience in public accounting/audit.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.