Controller (Direct Hire)
Specialized Recruiting Group
Posted On 08/24/2023
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Controller to join a local company's team. As a Controller, you will be responsible for developing progress targets and the investment project portfolio, as well as analyzing and monitoring projects and progress initiatives. Your expertise will ensure the quality of economic data and indicators, financial standards compliance, and the effectiveness of the internal control system. If you have a strong background in finance and a passion for driving business success, we want to hear from you.
Salary: Up to $115,000 per year with a 10-13% bonus.
- Identify the main drivers of value creation for the business.
- Participate in defining the middle and long-term vision of the company.
- Develop progress targets and the investment project portfolio.
- Analyze and monitor projects and progress initiatives, considering cost, timing, and scope.
- Ensure the quality of economic data and indicators, financial standards compliance, and the effectiveness of the internal control system.
- Close month-end and provide accurate and complete financial reporting with business-driven variance explanations.
- Prepare monthly forecasts for sales, capital expenditures, cost reduction programs, inventory, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintain standard costs, including monthly updates and variance reconciliations.
- Conduct project evaluation and analysis.
- Review and approve capital expenditure requests and related business cases.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assess profitability and provide recommendations accordingly.
- Coordinate with external auditors.
- Apply internal controls to ensure compliance.
- Ensure segregation of duties is followed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred or a related field, or equivalent education/training.
- Knowledge and experience relating to the business activity.
- Demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas: Information Systems, Plant Manufacturing Process, Internal Audit, Finance, Purchasing.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to empower and influence others in a positive manner.
- Strong, demonstrated digital literacy (Microsoft Applications).
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you are driven, detail-oriented, and have a passion for finance, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please submit your resume detailing your qualifications and experience to Thackery.Carter@SRGexpress.com.