Private Duty Nurse (RN)
Posted On 09/07/2023
Unlock your potential as an RN with Aveanna Healthcare! Enjoy up to $1500 bonus for part-time and $5000 bonus for full-time positions. We have in Davenport and the surrounding towns. Apply today and get scheduled for a phone interview. Join Aveanna Healthcare's team of dedicated professionals as an in-home RN and experience the transformative impact of providing personalized care within the comfort of patients' homes. As an Aveanna LPN/RN, you'll build meaningful connections with patients and their families, and develop a deep sense of fulfillment through one-on-one care. Registered Nurse (RN) Aveanna Healthcare, the largest pediatric home health care company in the U.S., is hiring compassionate Registered Nurses (RN) to provide skilled nursing care to patients in the home and school setting . We are the hearts of 30,000 caregivers and trusted by over 33,000 families.
Qualifications Of The Registered Nurse (RN)
- Must have good standing license (RN) in the state in which the clinician will practice
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain prior to providing cares.
Responsibilities Of The Registered Nurse (RN)
- One to one patient care in a home environment
- Execution of physicians prescribed plan of care and compliant documentation of care provided in system of record
- Administration of prescribed medication, treatments and therapies
- Patient assessments, coordination of care
- Health, promotion, teaching, and training of family members
Benefits Of The Registered Nurse (RN)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance*
- Paid Time Off Available
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Matching*
- Easy access to state of the art technology for electronic charting during point of care
- 24 Hour 7 Days a Week Team Support for direct clinical and scheduling assistance
- Hourly Pay & Weekly Paychecks
- Flexible Scheduling (8, 10, and 12 hour shifts; Day/Night/Weekends available)
- Potential for Overtime
- Paid Training & Continuous Professional Development
- benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position OverviewRegistered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and documenting skilled nursing care in accordance with the developed care plan and physicians orders for each individual patient while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the delivery and coordination of quality patient care in compliance with physician orders.
- Continuously observes and assesses patient condition and care needs and reports changes in condition to the supervisor and/or physician as appropriate.
- Documents all activities, assessments, nursing actions, responses and coordination of care in a timely manner whenever care is delivered.
- Develop, implement and update the nursing care plan.
- Takes appropriate nursing action based on assessment and achieves expected outcomes.
- Recognizes changes in patient needs and responses requiring intervention and implements care to prevent risk or reduce risk.
- Accepts responsibility for personal and professional accountability by complying with Aveanna policies, state and federal regulations, accrediting bodies and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient according to OSHA standards.
- Educates the patient and family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies, and in meeting the patient’s nursing needs.
- Maintain knowledge of competencies related to the nursing profession by participating in educational programs, continued education units, internal learning management skills and skill evaluations.
- Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
- Current, unrestricted state license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with nursing care and policies and procedures
Additional State Specific Requirements
- South Carolina – One (1) year of pediatrics experience
- California – One (1) year of experience required working under current nursing license
- Louisiana – One (1) year of experience required working as a licensed nurse
- Continuing Education as required by state
Additional Discipline Specific Requirements
- Medical Oncology RN - 2 years Registered Nurse experience with cardiac monitoring and oncology experience
- Ambulatory RN - 2 years experience with vital assessment, plan of care development, and telephone triage
- Medical Surgical RN - 2 years Registered Nurse experience
- Peri-Operative Care RN - 2 years of Registered Nurse, preferably with oncology experience
- Six (6) months of recent experience as a Licensed Nurse in a clinical care setting
- Home health experience
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Good organization and communication skills
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Must be able to sit and climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must have strong sense of smell and touch
- Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
- Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.