Warehouse Supervisor - Evening & Weekend Shifts - Dubuque IA
Posted On 09/07/2023
The Warehouse Supervisor (Area Manager) responsibility is to assist in the management and direction of sub departments within the department. This includes successfully leading the execution of day to day departmental objectives by selecting, onboarding, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and improving employee performance. This role entails supporting warehouse associates with daily activities, covering various shifts to support the department, communicating effectively, and delivering exemplary customer service through strong leadership and professionalism.
B Shift - Tuesday-Friday 3:00PM-1:00AM
C Shift - Saturday-Monday 5:00AM-5:00PM
A day in the life…
- Measure and manage employee actions and performance by aligning to strategic plans
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Support warehouse associates and daily activities which includes covering various shifts to support the department
- Motivate and develop teams, organize and encourage teamwork through collaboration and relationship building to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Recruit, select, onboard, coach/support and motivate employees
- Support the ongoing safety efforts to ensure all teams are working in a safe manner
You own this if you have…
- Previous experience (3+ years) proven leadership experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar management position preferred
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse systems and CI processes
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and WMS software
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.