Sr. Technical Service or Technical Service Manager
Posted On 09/13/2023
Sr Technical Service or Technical Service Manager
LabStrong Corporation is a laboratory equipment company with an immediate job opening for a Technical Service Manager. On a day-to-day basis candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks across the company such as assisting customers to trouble shoot/repair products in the field as well as receive replacement part orders and pack for shipment. Candidate must possess well developed electrical and plumbing technical skills, excellent prioritizing and multitasking skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a strong ability to manage time and resources to achieve customer satisfaction objectives.
Candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with other departments. Candidate will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen, and a desire to conquer complex product processes.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Technical service calls and emails: trouble shooting product operation, schematics, and plumbing. Advise on installation
- Customer service calls and emails: help customers select best fit product for their application
- Product form, fit and function for customer’s requirements and price points
- Take incoming phone calls and emails: taking orders, entering orders from customers
- Pick and pack orders: pull repair and sales parts, securely box them for shipment
- Repairs: trouble shoot and repair returned products - determine failure mode
- Inspect and document Return Goods Authorization (RGA) returned to LabStrong, enter in to database
- Palletizing Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) orders and arranging shipment
- Shipping orders: occasionally ship orders via UPS and FedEx online app for onsite pickup
- Incoming inspection of resin: test resin capacity with basic lab sample titration
- Manufacture/mix of cleaning solution for sale (every 2 months)
- Manufacture Rapids water purification systems
- Purchase shipping/packing materials online from Uline
- Inventory and order Fi-Streem products for stock from UK
- Inventory and order resins for production
- Perform CSA Certification and labeling on Fi-Streem Stills
- Perform calibration procedure on NCL ovens and Rapids water systems
- Promote LabStrong values and culture into day-to-day activities and interactions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics and plumbing diagrams
- Excellent technical communication (i.e. verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and computing skills combined with the ability to manage time efficiently
- Highly motivated and self-directed requiring minimal supervision
- Comprehensive PC skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Products)
- Ability to work quickly and accurately within time constraints and against deadlines
- Helpful to have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a biology, chemistry and/or life science laboratory
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Education and Experience:
Four-year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred with 3-5 years of related experience and/or training. Bachelor's degree in area of computer science, electronics technology, biology, chemistry, or life sciences preferred, but not necessary. Experience working with hands-on repair a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and type. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands. The employee is required to sit for periods of time. The employee regularly picks components from shelving and package for shipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.