Andersen Windows & Doors Production Supervisor – 1st Shift
Andersen Windows & Doors
Posted On 10/19/2023
We’re focused on bringing more light into people’s lives by helping them create healthier, happier spaces to build memories and do what they love. This applies to our team, too. By celebrating our differences and embracing a positive work-life balance, we are recognized as a Yellow Ribbon company, one of Forbes Magazine’s 2021 “America’s Best Large Employers” and a “Best Employer for Diversity.” As a 2021 Energy Star Partner of the Year, Andersen is also committed to environmental health and sustainability. No matter your role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference.
Andersen is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Production Supervisor supports the Production Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a small/stable value stream (procurement to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream.
- Coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction; maintain a respectful work environment
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data; Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices. Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team; maintain time and production records
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.; Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
Must Have Qualifications:
- 3 – 5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing/warehouse operation
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people
- Demonstrated experience implementing continuous improvements
- Previous experience in a manufacturing operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles a plus
- Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
- Associate or Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Lean certification
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to work experience, education, geographic location, certifications, etc. In addition to your pay, Andersen Corporation currently offers benefits such as comprehensive health benefits, 401k contribution, paid time off, 8 paid standard holidays, plus 2 floating holidays, a robust employee Wellbeing program, as well as profit sharing (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements).
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
“Be Orange. Be You” is how we express our belief that by embracing our differences and empowering you, we’ll be a stronger team able to accomplish what otherwise wouldn’t be possible. This Orange spirit has helped us become the #1 innovative window and door brand* and the one homeowners love the most.** It’s also why we’re committed to supporting you to approach each day with a bright outlook.
* 2020 Andersen brand surveys of U.S. contractors, builders & architects
** 2020 Andersen Brand Survey of U.S. homeowners
Benefits include, and are not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Charity contributions
- Nationwide career opportunities
- Profit sharing
In 2023, Andersen has set a profit-sharing target of $4,000 per eligible employee, prorated as appropriate. Profit sharing will be paid out in quarterly installments to provide eligible employees with payments throughout the year, with payment amounts tied to quarterly operating profit performance.
We look forward to seeing how your unique skills, background and experiences will inspire our team and help us continue to be the leader we are today.