Theisen Home Farm Auto
Posted On 11/14/2023
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dubuque Corporate Office
The Internal Auditor plays a crucial role in facilitating business decisions that are based upon sound analysis. The position is responsible for mitigating loss by documenting procedures, improving internal controls, and implementing efficient and effective procedures. The position will analyze financial and business information to ensure compliance with standards and regulations while ensuring accuracy of financial and business records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- Minimum 3 years of previous related experience
- Work with various department managers and other associates to document existing company procedures, and related internal controls, in a consistent format.
- Modify existing documentation of company procedures, and related internal controls, as needed.
- Perform regular walkthroughs of company procedures to ensure the procedures, as documented, are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Evaluate the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the procedures, and related internal controls, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Identify financial risks in our existing procedures and make recommendations to reduce those risks.
Internal Audit Testing:
- Plan and execute internal audit tests in accordance with testing objectives to ensure the company meets its financial, operational and compliance objectives.
- Document audit results and communicate those results to the applicable Department Manager(s), including findings, opportunities, and observations.
- Follow up on audit results with those Department Managers, making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value.
- Prepare and present Executive Audit Summary Reports for Management.
- Identify opportunities for profit improvement, cost avoidance, and the more efficient utilization of company resources.
- Make recommendations as appropriate to:
- Improve accuracy and/or efficiency in company procedures.
- Improve effectiveness and/or efficiency in internal controls.
- Improve profitability.
- Ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent research skills to find all related information needed
- High attention to detail to review large amounts of data and numbers
- Exceptional mathematical and Excel skills
- Strong critical-thinking skills to gather all of the available data and make informed decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively express ideas or instructions to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, statistical analysis, decision making, and problem-solving abilities
- High level of business ethics to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Health, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance and competitive match on 401K
- Vacation, holiday, sick, and birthday-off pay
- Associate discounts and many other benefits
Theisen’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class.