Posted On 12/01/2023
Perform Computer Aided Design (CAD) and data base support functions. Develop working drawings in conformance with company standards and codes. Perform programming for CNC machines. Work from equipment specifications, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings such as plats (continuing property records), and other files and customized company data bases. Support the engineering department by creating and revising models and drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and modify product models and drawings
- Prepare drawings and sketches using AutoCAD Software.
- Work closely with other Designers, Technical Specialists, Engineers, and Project Managers to ensure coordination of engineering designs.
- Prepare preliminary sketches and models reflecting design concepts
- Recommends technical changes or modifications as needed
- Provide CNC programming as needed for new and special parts
- Modify design features as required to improve manufacturability according to processes
- Build prototypes for concept evaluation
- Conduct Tolerance analysis with direction from engineer
- Preparing Product Drawings and Fabrication Drawings
- Preparing Assembly Drawings of Jigs and Fixtures
- Provide assistance with the building of product “specials”
- Assist in writing, releasing, and distributing Engineering Change Notices