Country Store Manager
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
Posted On 12/05/2023
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Manages the daily operation of the Country Store by promoting a safe environment with quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction while controlling expenses. Responsible for scheduling, staff supervision, ordering stock and day-to-day operations. Monitors inventories and expenses as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts monthly inventory process.
- Maintains cost controls including but not limited to: manpower, productivity, and cost of sales.
- Prepares volume forecasts with emphasis on revenues, expenses, labor, supplies, etc.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Monitors sales flow and makes adjustments in order to adhere to cost control and quality procedures. Ensures store items are adequately stocked, orders as needed.
- Continues to research pricing, service and benefits to the operation on an ongoing basis.
- Implements all policies and procedures for the Country Store, including compliance of all company standards relating to quality of products and services are followed.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Trains associates.
- Supervises associates including assistant store manager, store clerks, stockers, etc.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Implement policies and procedures.
- Ensures sanitation and consistent high quality of bakery and deli operations is maintained.
- Handles customer questions and problems.
- Purchases day to day items.
- Monitors overall condition of facility, reporting maintenance items as needed.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Head.
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance.
- Attend staff meetings.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (AA); or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Efficient working knowledge of various software such as POS systems, inventory control, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
Excellent speech communication skills are required to communicate both in person and via telephone with guests, associates and corporate contacts in a professional and extensive manner. Excellent literacy is required.
Must be able to calculate amounts and apply basic addition, subtraction division and multiplication.
Must be able to analyze routine data to make appropriate judgments regarding the process of guests shopping and checking out of the store.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Sanitation training
- BASSET – Beverage Alcohol Seller and Server certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Illinois UST Class A/B Operator Training for the dispensing of gasoline.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Use of hands, fingers, and arms is required. Job frequently requires standing, walking, bending, and crouching
Due to the business demands of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the Resort provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends, night shifts, and/or overtime. Also, depending on business demands, hours may be reduced at any time.