Hotel Julien Dubuque
Posted On 12/05/2023
BEVERAGE MANAGER-HOTEL JULIEN DUBUQUE
A beverage manager oversees the beverage programs of dining and drinking establishments, from planning to execution. Their job is to manage the day-to-day operations, supervise and delegate responsibilities among staff, organize schedules and activities, set objectives and guidelines, monitor inventories to ensure an adequate supply of beverages, and coordinate with suppliers to purchase orders, building positive business relationships in the process. Moreover, a beverage manager monitors operations and resolves issues promptly and professionally, all while implementing policies and regulations.
BEVERAGE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage beverage purchasing, beverage menu designing, and marketing of new product.
- Manage all Beverage Service FOH positions, including scheduling, developing and coaching employees, motivating the team and continuing to drive sales.
- Lead bartenders in everyday functions and assist with inventory control and counting.
- Utilize POS system to accurately charge customers, track revenue reports and ensure timeliness of food and beverage.
- Review financial transactions such as the budget and payroll records to ensure in line.
- Handle other administrative tasks such as: facilitation of payroll, reports, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions.
- Train bartenders and bar back staff.
- Hire entertainment for lounges and specialty events.
- Update financial paperwork of banquet bars and make cash deposits.
- Ensure work areas are clean and sanitized commensurate to Health Department standards.
- Schedule, train and evaluate beverage staff appearance and guest service follows service standards.
- Ensure smooth functioning of beverage department.
- Improve and maintain beverage sales and profitability.
- Provide good guest service and reduce guest complaints.
- Maintain compliance with beverage staff and cost budgets.
- Control bar processes including par levels, finances and beverage menu selection.
- Coordinate with staff and their work schedules.
- Participate in MOD Program.